The PTA had a general membership meeting last night, during which we held our election for the 2018-2019 executive board and voted on a revised budget for the rest of the fiscal year.
The Blaney Elementary PTA executive board members for the 2017-2018 school year are:
President : Erin Peake
Erin Peake has an Associates degree in Psychology. The mother of three, one of which is a second grader at Blaney. She has been Blaney’s PTA President since October 2017. She is the Brownie co-leader of Troop 1324. She is the Service Unit Manager of Girl Scouts of Kershaw County, trainer and facilitator of Girl Scouts for Kershaw and Sumter County, and co-delegate of Kershaw County Girl Scouts.
She is looking forward to serving the Teachers, Students and the Blaney Community for another year!
Vice President: Jawnie Holsker
Bio coming soon..
Treasurer: Brandy Bradley
Brandy Bradley is a 2009 graduate of the Citadel. She is the Broker of Palmetto Midlands Realty and has a son attending Blaney Elementary. She looks forward to working with other parents and teachers to better our school and support the children in our community!
Secretary: Nicole Silva
Nicole Silva is a graduate of LeGrand Institute of Cosmetology. She is a Lipsense Distributor and a work at home mom to 3 girls. She is the Girls In Action Leader at her church, Lugoff First Baptist. Nicole enjoys also sewing, monogramming and crafting. She is looking forward to working with the community to make Blaney the best it can be!
One of the first official acts of the new board at their meeting in July will be to appoint committee chairs for our standing committees. If you are interested in being a committee chair for one of our standing committees, please let us know ASAP. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested.
If you are interested in being a committee chair, you must be a PTA member no less than 30 days prior to your appointment. So, that means you will need to join before the end of the school year since the board will be meeting in the beginning of July to begin planning for registration.
If you would like to join using a credit card to pay dues, you can do so at http://blaneypta.com/memberships/. You can also catch one of the board members at the school if you would like to give us a check or cash (someone is normally in the PTA room around dismissal time). Membership forms will be available in the front office.
Standing Committee Chairs are not expected to do all the work for the committee, but is in charge of the committee and reporting back to the board. Standing Committee Chairs are voting members of the Blaney PTA Board of Directors.
- Volunteer Committee – This position takes a good amount of time and is an active committee all year.
- Membership Committee – This position takes a good amount of time and is an active committee all year.
- Sponsorship & Fundraising Committee – This position takes a good amount of time and is an active committee all year.
- Nominating Committee – This position is mostly active after winter break, but is expected to attend board meetings all year.
- Financial Review Committee – This position is mostly active in July/August after the new board has taken over, but may be needed at other times throughout the year if there is a change in authorized signators for checks and is expected to attend board meetings all year.
- Grant Request Review Committee – This position is mostly active in August, September, and May but is expected to attend board meetings all year.
Other committees may be formed throughout the year to handle special tasks as needed, but chairs of those committees are not voting members of the board.