The PTA had a general membership meeting last night, during which we held our election for the 2014-2015 executive board and voted on a revised budget for the rest of the fiscal year.
The Blaney Elementary PTA executive board members for the 2014-2015 school year are:
President: Julie Eastin
Vice President: Ellen Nelson
Secretary: Tabitha Kernan
Treasurer: Sherra Scott
We were delighted to have so many people nominated this year. It’s been several years since we’ve had so many candidates from which to choose!
One of the first official acts of the new board at their meeting in July will be to appoint committee chairs for our standing committees. If you are interested in being a committee chair for one of our standing committees, please let us know ASAP. You can send an email to email@example.com to let us know you are interested.
If you are interested in being a committee chair, you must be a PTA member no less than 30 days prior to your appointment. So, that means you will need to join before the end of the school year since the board will be meeting in the beginning of July to begin planning for registration.
If you would like to join using a credit card to pay dues, you can do so at http://blaneypta.com/memberships/. You can also catch one of the board members at the school if you would like to give us a check or cash (someone is normally in the PTA room around dismissal time). Membership forms will be available in the front office.
Standing Committee Chairs are not expected to do all the work for the committee, but is in charge of the committee and reporting back to the board. Standing Committee Chairs are voting members of the Blaney PTA Board of Directors.
- Volunteer Committee – This position takes a good amount of time and is an active committee all year.
- Fundraising Committee – This position takes a good amount of time and is an active committee all year.
- Nominating Committee – This position is mostly active after winter break, but is expected to attend board meetings all year.
- Financial Review Committee – This position is mostly active in July/August after the new board has taken over, but may be needed at other times throughout the year if there is a change in authorized signators for checks and is expected to attend board meetings all year.
- Grant Request Review Committee – This position is mostly active in August, September, and May but is expected to attend board meetings all year.
Other committees may be formed throughout the year to handle special tasks as needed, but chairs of those committees are not voting members of the board.
Our next board meeting will be Tuesday, May 6, 2014, at 3:15 PM in the Media Center. As always, our monthly board meetings are open to all. Meetings generally last 45 minutes to an hour, but may vary depending on the amount of information we need to cover.
We hope you have a safe and enjoyable Spring Break!